The Sacco was registered on 24th November, 2010 under the Ministry of Co-operative Development and its offices are situated within Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University. Its main objective is to organize and promote the welfare and economic interest of its members.
The objectives for which the society was established are:-
- To encourage thrift among its members.
- To ensure personal growth through the introduction of new products and services that will promote economic and social base of the members.
- To educate its members on proper use of credit, eradicate poverty, human dignity and co-operation.
The Sacco is guided by the following universal co-operative principles:-
- Voluntary and open membership.
- Democratic member control.
- Economic participation by member.
- Autonomy and independence.
- Education, training and information.
- Co-operation among co-operatives.
- Concern for community in general.